Downton Abbey trading cards!
The relevance of this is too much for words.
the best 12 seconds of the entire high school musical trilogy
Here is a short comic!
"what’s a queen without her king?" well, historically, better
also, in the british monarchy, if a queen is on the throne, there isn’t a king. her husband is a prince. BUT if a king is on the throne, his wife is a queen. which truly shows that the country can be ruled without a king but can’t without a queen.
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Sainsbury’s. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse.
Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Sainsbury’s…
Dear Mrs. Harris,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behaviour and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Harris, are listed below and are “documented by our video
1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official
voice, ‘Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away’. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of Maltesers.
6. August 14: Moved a ‘CAUTION - WET FLOOR’ sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began
crying and screamed, ‘Why can’t you people just leave me alone?’
Emergency Medics were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly
humming the ’ Mission Impossible’ theme.
11. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his ‘Madonna look’ by using different sizes of funnels.
12. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed
through, yelled ‘PICK ME! PICK ME!’
13. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed ‘OH NO! IT’S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!’
14. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was.
And last, but not least:
15. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited
awhile, and then yelled very loudly, ‘Hey! There’s no toilet paper in here.’
One of the Staff passed out.
OMFG I AM SCREAMING.
“Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.”
Is this woman’s husband Misha Collins?
OMG THIS IS GREAT
EXCEPT THIS ISNT JUST A FUNNY HAHA SILLY HEADLINE GUYS
this is really important and is a really great program that teaches skills to inmates and allows them to basically receive group therapy while they are simultaneously learning a craft
IT IS ALSO REALLY RADICAL BECAUSE IT BREAKS NOT ONLY THE STEREOTYPE THAT INMATES ARE INCAPABLE OF BEING DECENT HUMAN BEINGS WHO CAN TALK OUT THEIR ISSUES AND HEAL AND BE FUNCTIONING MEMBERS OF SOCIETY BUT IT ALSO SHOWS THAT TRADITIONALLY GENDERED HOBBIES LIKE KNITTING ARENT JUST “FOR WOMEN” AND ARE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE.
here is an from the above article
They started by knitting comfort dolls, which they gave to children removed from their homes because of domestic issues. Then they moved on to hats for kids at the inner-city elementary school many of the prisoners attended, Zwerling says. “If you look at them, they’re covered with tattoos, they’re rough looking, and many of the young guys don’t have all their teeth,” she says. “But it doesn’t feel rough. They’re very respectful and grateful and very happy to knit.”
THEY KNIT COMFORT ITEMS FOR ABUSED KIDS. THEY KNIT HATS FOR INNER-CITY CHILDREN.
this is a good program and i really hope that people actually look into it rather than just posting the headline and a silly image attached ok
original article - x
Seriously go read that article.
OOOOoooh okay story time!
So I went to The Center For Success and Independence about a year ago. This is basically a teen ‘rehab’ for either behavioral, drug, sex, or suicidal behavior.
Now, there are about 20 something TEENAGE GIRLS living in a small space with each other, and each of us are going through our own treatment plan.
You wanna know the only thing that kept us sane? Crochet.
Not only is it therapeutic and a good way to just think to yourself and get lost in something when you’re mad or something, but it’s great when you want to bond with some of the people there.
And this my friends is why I love crafts.